House Plants Forum   HousePlantsExpert.Com

The community of house plant growers - helping others and being helped to nurture the health and bring out the beauty of indoor plants.

All discussions about succulents house plants. How to grow, care, which species to grow, specific requirements for succulents and anything else
By cdngrl82
So I went to a plant swap recently and got this guy. Replanting and it looks like it was bought as a plug. Anyways what I want help with is how to fix the top.. it look like this guy has had the top cut off and the stem is now sealed over at the top. Is there a way to bring this guy back into a pretty shape at the top of the plant? I did take some leaves from the bottom already to root for new plants but just hoping I can bring this one back to it's full potential. Any help would be appreciated!
B7C1C44A-0DCF-48A8-BF7E-C0C8E2A38CCF.jpg
B7C1C44A-0DCF-48A8-BF7E-C0C8E2A38CCF.jpg (139.99 KiB) Viewed 17014 times
By jason_admin
Hi,

I moved your post over to the succulent section.

Unfortunately when a plant has been topped it will no longer grow from the upper stem as you probably know.
That one may have snapped off by accident. On many plants a new off shoot/stem will appear, but these do not produce other stems/branches.

You've probably done the best thing you could and took some leaves to propagate.

Jason (admin)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]